||The Club of Bologna has been founded by FEDERUNACOMA and is a registered mark of FEDERUNACOMA. It has been established in 1988 for the study and definition of strategies for the development of agricultural mechanisation worldwide, taking into consideration technical, economic and social advances and changes in agriculture on an international level. The Club of Bologna evolved from the conclusions reached at the International Symposium on Agricultural Mechanisation organized by the Italian " Federazione Nazionale Costruttori Macchine Agricole per l’Agricoltura” (FEDERUNACOMA), held at the headquarters of the International Exhibition of Agricultural Machinery Industries (EIMA) in Bologna, Italy, in 1987.
||The Club of Bologna is an independent, non-profit association with the aim to promote scientific and cultural goals. It works under the auspices of CIGR (International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering) and collaborates closely with FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation) and UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Developmenr Organisation) of the United Nations and with other International Organizations.
||The Club will work towards its objectives through exchanges, discussions and sharing of experience and knowledge of scientists, researchers, technicians, managers, agricultural machinery manufacturers and farmers who are concerned with the fundamental problems in this field, on the basis of collected pertinent information, specific and general studies and analyses, and on the refinement and development of logical concepts of a scientific and political nature.
||Membership in the Club of Bologna is open to those holding a senior position in the field of agricultural mechanisation. Participation in the Club does not require any enrolment fee; however the travel expenses for participation in any meeting shall be borne exclusively by each participant.
||The Club of Bologna is composed as follows:
- Full Members;
- Management Committee;
||The Full Members, are chosen among those most knowledgeable and active in the scientific, cultural and management sectors of agricultural mechanization, who will have a direct responsibility within the Club. The Full Members have the right of a full participation to the Club activities. They are also invited to contribute to the sessions through written reports, remarks, etc.
||The Club of Bologna is directed by a Management Committee consisting of high-profile Full Members chosen among the various countries and confirmed by FEDERUNACOMA. The Secretary General of FEDERUNACOMA is a permanent member of the Management Committee. The Management Committee cannot normally exceed 15 members. The Past-Presidents are ex-officio invited to the Management Committee.
||The Management Committee will meet, as a rule, every year in order to:
- propose new memberships (Full and Management Committee Members);
- propose the nomination of a former President as Honorary President;
- define future study and analysis programmes of the Club as well perform evaluations of programmes after their accomplishment;
- verify the status of research in progress;
- evaluate opportunities for establishing Study Groups among Club members;
- plan Club meetings and working sessions;
- exclude from the Club of Bologna any member whose contribution over the prior meeting(s) has not been meaningful or significant to the Club, as determined in the sole discretion of the Management Committee;
- consider any needed revision of the present Internal Rules.
|| The President of the Club of Bologna is chosen and appointed among the members of the Management Committee by FEDERUNACOMA. The regular term of the President is four years, with the possibility of a second term.
||The working sessions of the Club of Bologna can be defined as follows: plenary: those which concern all Club Full members and any other experts (guests) that can be considered profitable for the discussion of the subject; closed: limited to study groups.
||Membership in the Club of Bologna morally binds each participant to confidentiality as regards any information obtained by research undertaken or information emerging from the plenary and/or closed sessions, unless approval is given by the Club itself for public release of results obtained, on the basis of common agreements.
The Administrative Secretariat of the Club is assured by FEDERUNACOMA, with headquarters in Rome, Italy. The duties of the Administrative Secretariat are:
- to guarantee the distribution of documents (in English) to the Members of the Club;
- to collaborate in the organization of the Management Committee, of Study Groups and sessions meetings when they do not take place in Italy;
- to undertake the organization of the above when they occur in Italy;
- to publish the Proceedings.
||The duties of the Technical Secretariat are:
- to provide the organization of the various members’ meetings, the Management Committee and eventually Study Groups meetings, in collaboration with the Administrative Secretariat in Rome;
- to manage the contacts with the key-note Speakers and the final drawing up of the key-note reports;
- to manage the various correspondence and contacts with the Club Members;
- to provide the update of Members’ database and website information;
- to prepare the Proceedings of the meetings;
- to undertake the preparation of the technical material for the meetings, including the Agenda.